Le Bec-Fin to Close Saturday
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
- The Most Iconic Dishes of ‘Molecular Gastronomy’
- Why You Shouldn't Go to a Restaurant on Valentine's Day
Back in the middle of February, Georges Perrier announced he was selling his 42-year-old French restaurant, Le Bec-Fin, to French Laundry general manager Nicolas Fanucci.
Now, it seems, the first era of Le Bec-Fin (number 34 on our 101 Best Restaurants list) is coming to a close this weekend.
Foobooz reports that after two calls and an OpenTable surf, the last dinner reservation they could find was on March 3. Initially, rumors circulated that the ownership transition would occur in April.
Word on the street is Le Bec-Fin will open again after three to six months, under Fanucci's ownership. (Fanucci is a former general manager for LBF.)
As for who will be helming the kitchen? Eater's been claiming that Per Se executive sous chef David Breeden will take the lead, while Perrier told Foobooz that he'll still be involved a little. "I will do what I do best: talk to people. I am charming. And I will still make some stuff," he said.
Both current chef Nicholas Elmi and general manager Sylvain Briens could not be reached for comment.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts