- Labor Day
Kim Severson and Julia Moskin on 'Cook Fight'
The New York Times writers discuss their competitive new book
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- A Slice of Americana: An Interview with Craig Priebe of ‘The United States of Pizza’
- A New Kind of Kosher: An Interview with Kim Kushner of ‘The New Kosher Cookbook’
- Top 10 Ways Julia Child Changed the Way We Cook
- An Interview with Chris Fischer, author of ‘The Beetlebung Farm Cookbook’
- Oyster Secrets and Tips From Celebrity Chef Marc Murphy
Kim Severson and Julia Moskin spent years working next to each other at The New York Times’ Dining Section, but their competitive natures came out when their colleague Frank Bruni challenged them to a cooking duel. While debating how best to serve a $50 dinner party, "I was talking about how I would do it," Moskin says, "and she was talking about how she would do it, and Frank said 'Why don’t you guys just get it in print?'" The subsequent article became one of the most shared items on The New York Times’ website and so the article turned into a series, the result of which is the new cookbook Cook Fight.
To hear more from the authors about the book and which recipes of each others’ they like to cook, watch the video above and then pick up the book for whomever in your life you like to fight about cooking with.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts