KFC Is Testing New Funnel Cake Fries
Recipe of the day
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Wendy’s
- Bill Boggs Corner Table: A Burger with a View at the Ritz-Carlton in Rancho Mirage, California
- The Poutine Tornado and 5 More Insane Epic Meal Time Creations
- The 5 Most Insanely Unhealthy Frozen Appetizers
- These Early Logos of 5 Popular Fast Food Chains Are Hilariously Awful
Based on the best carnival food ever, the KFC Funnel Fries are stripes of funnel cake, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.
“The idea came from some recent consumer research that revealed that many millennials enjoy sweet and salty snacks — the juxtaposition of flavors makes them taste even better together,” KFC brand manager Ariel Olivo told Fox Baltimore. “Chicken and waffles are all the rage right now, and this is a unique twist on that culinary trend.”
The Sweet & Savory Cup will be available at KFC restaurants in Baltimore until April 20th, for $2.49.
If all goes well, Funnel Cake Fries could presumably hit KFC’s national menu as part of the Go Cups in the months to come.
Click here to see our slideshow of 10 Unique KFC Meals from Around the World
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts