Kentucky Derby Drinking Game 2012
Rules for partying in the hours leading up to the 'fastest 2 minutes in sports'
The Kentucky Derby may be the the "fastest two minutes in sports," but it's an exhaustive couple of hours of pre-coverage waiting for the big race to actually start.
If you're at a viewing party, all decked out for the occasion with a strong, whiskey-based Kentucky cocktail in your hand, there's really no better way to pass the time than to play a drinking game. Just print out the rules below to get in on the action — we guarantee it will make the suspense of the race all the more exciting (and make losing a bet a little easier to swallow).
• Every time the horse named "I'll Have Another" is mentioned, take a sip.
• Whenever a celebrity at the race is shown on TV, take a sip.
• Whenever Millionaire's Row is shown on TV, take a sip.
• Every time an announcer mentions a mint julep, take a sip (take two if you're actually drinking a mint julep).
• Whenever the announcers refer to the Derby as the "fastest" or "most exciting" two minutes in sports, take two sips.
• Every time an announcer makes an inappropriate joke about a horse's name, take two sips.
• If a woman's hat matches the color of her outfit, take two sips.
• Whenever a man is show wearing an obviously ridiculous hat, take two sips.
• If any kind of record is broken, take three sips.
• If it's a photo-finish, take three sips.
• If the long shot wins, finish your drink.
• If I'll Have Another wins, finish your drink and, you know, have another.
• If you win your bet, finish your drink (and buy everyone the next round).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).