- St. Peter: Patron of Fishermen
Kentucky Derby Drinking Game 2012
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
The Kentucky Derby may be the the "fastest two minutes in sports," but it's an exhaustive couple of hours of pre-coverage waiting for the big race to actually start.
If you're at a viewing party, all decked out for the occasion with a strong, whiskey-based Kentucky cocktail in your hand, there's really no better way to pass the time than to play a drinking game. Just print out the rules below to get in on the action — we guarantee it will make the suspense of the race all the more exciting (and make losing a bet a little easier to swallow).
• Every time the horse named "I'll Have Another" is mentioned, take a sip.
• Whenever a celebrity at the race is shown on TV, take a sip.
• Whenever Millionaire's Row is shown on TV, take a sip.
• Every time an announcer mentions a mint julep, take a sip (take two if you're actually drinking a mint julep).
• Whenever the announcers refer to the Derby as the "fastest" or "most exciting" two minutes in sports, take two sips.
• Every time an announcer makes an inappropriate joke about a horse's name, take two sips.
• If a woman's hat matches the color of her outfit, take two sips.
• Whenever a man is show wearing an obviously ridiculous hat, take two sips.
• If any kind of record is broken, take three sips.
• If it's a photo-finish, take three sips.
• If the long shot wins, finish your drink.
• If I'll Have Another wins, finish your drink and, you know, have another.
• If you win your bet, finish your drink (and buy everyone the next round).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts