- Albert Roux born
- Piereogi Day
Kansas City’s New Specialty Pizza
Recipe of the day
- A Michelin-Star Chef Is Making a Burger at a Shake Shack in London for 1 Day Only
- 10 Unique KFC Meals from Around the World
- Rooms with a Story: A Grand Swiss Hotel Brings History to Life
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
Kansas City is known for their pizza, and a local favorite, Spin Neapolitan Pizza is adding a new specialty pizza to their menu. The Kansas City Star reports that the new summer inspired pizza uses BBQ sauce from two noted Kansas City operations.
The new pizza is called BBQ di Pollo E Pineapple. It combines crushed tomatoes and Gate’s Bar-B-Q original sauce with oven-roasted chicken tossed in Roasterie’s super Tuscan coffee BBQ sauce. The pizza BBQ creation is then topped with caramelized onions, roasted pineapple, and fresh mozzarella.
The pizza is going to be a permanent menu item for the pizza joint. In addition, the restaurant is also serving other pineapple pizzas. The features are a part of the “Pineapple Project” – a project featuring a different pineapple pizza every week of the summer.
Included in the lineup is a bianca pizza with potatoes and goat cheese and a rosa pizza with tomatoes and sausage.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts