Kansas City’s New Specialty Pizza
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- In New York City, You Can Eat Garbage in a Pavilion Made of Garbage
- Where to Eat Soup Dumplings in Boston
- The Best Small Production Vineyards in Paso Robles, Calif.: Artisan
- Eating off the Beaten Path in Harlem With Chef Marcus Samuelsson
- Commercial Styrofoam Products Banned From New York City as of July 1
Kansas City is known for their pizza, and a local favorite, Spin Neapolitan Pizza is adding a new specialty pizza to their menu. The Kansas City Star reports that the new summer inspired pizza uses BBQ sauce from two noted Kansas City operations.
The new pizza is called BBQ di Pollo E Pineapple. It combines crushed tomatoes and Gate’s Bar-B-Q original sauce with oven-roasted chicken tossed in Roasterie’s super Tuscan coffee BBQ sauce. The pizza BBQ creation is then topped with caramelized onions, roasted pineapple, and fresh mozzarella.
The pizza is going to be a permanent menu item for the pizza joint. In addition, the restaurant is also serving other pineapple pizzas. The features are a part of the “Pineapple Project” – a project featuring a different pineapple pizza every week of the summer.
Included in the lineup is a bianca pizza with potatoes and goat cheese and a rosa pizza with tomatoes and sausage.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts