Kale Chips in 5 Easy Steps
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a non-stick silicone mat. If you don’t have either, lightly spray the cooking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or coat it with a thin layer of oil.
Wash the kale leaves and pat them dry with a paper towel. Then, tear the leaves into chip-sized pieces, discarding the thick stems.
Drizzle the torn-up pieces of kale with a good quality extra-virgin olive oil (or another oil that you like the taste of) and toss them until they are lightly coated in the oil.
Lay the kale chips on the sheet pan and sprinkle them with salt. If you want to make flavored chips, you can sprinkle the pieces of kale with spices as well.
Bake the kale chips in the oven until they just start to crisp (but before they turn brown) about 15 minutes, turning them over once halfway through their cook time.
Kristie Collado is The Daily Meal’s Cook Editor. Follow her on Twitter @KColladoCook.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts