John Dory with Wax Beans and Wheat Berry Salad
Chef Todd Mitgang shows his recipe
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Healthy fish dishes can often feel bland, but Todd Mitgang of New York City's Crave Fishbar has whipped up a complex recipe that will be kind to your waistline and your taste buds.
He starts with John Dory, a sweet, delicate fish that can take on a lot of flavor. Mitgang pan-sears the fish and then adds a few extra elements. The first is a warm wheat berry salad — wheat berry is a great healthy alternative to rice or corn, and in Mitgang's recipe he adds a few more ingredients like pistachio nuts and shallots to make it even more flavorful. He also adds blanched wax beans for a vegetable component. Lastly, he adds a basil pistou sauce for even more complexity and tops the fish off with some microgreens.
If this isn't making you hungry already, then watch the video above and you will definitely be heading over to your kitchen to start making some John Dory!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts