- World Water Week begins
Joe Bastianich Working on TV Pilot Based on ‘Restaurant Man’
Recipe of the day
- Michael Fassbender to Star in Marco Pierre White Movie
- Sandwich King Jeff Mauro Is Opening His First Restaurant Ever in Chicago
- New Orleans’ Chefs Prove Hurricane Katrina was No Match for the City’s Enduring Spirit
- Gail Simmons Dishes on the Upcoming 13th Season of ‘Top Chef’
- Michael Jackson’s Former Personal Chef Will Prepare Jackson’s Favorite Dishes in Honor of His Birthday
When restaurateur Joe Bastianich released his memoir, “Restaurant Man,” earlier this year, it certainly made some waves in the hospitality community. It’s an honest, unflinching portrayal of Bastianich’s experience growing up and making a name for himself in the restaurant industry, with plenty of cameos from friends and associates including partner Mario Batali. He pulled no punches and spared no one, leading to a long-simmering feud with Esquire critic John Mariani that played out on Page Six.
But now that the waters have settled, the restaurant man himself is planning his next steps, which appear to include a TV show. During an interview with The Celebrity Café last week he let it slip that he’s currently “working on a pilot on a scripted version” of the book, and a credible source told Eater yesterday that the pilot’s been ordered by “a major cable network.”
No word yet on which network that is (maybe Food Network has a future in scripted programming?), but rumor has it that the working title is Hungry.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts