Jean-Georges Vongerichten Plans ABC Carpet & Home Food Market and More News
Recipe of the day
- 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Wawa
- Mind Over Meal: Are Comfort Foods Really Comforting?
- Study Says 61 Percent of Our Grocery Purchases Are Highly Processed Foods
- Former Cook Will Serve 4 Years in Jail for Spitting in Customer’s Food and Eluding Police
- Walmart Updates Animal Welfare Standards After Pork Distributor Accused of Animal Abuse
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Big Plans for ABC Carpet & Home: Looks like ABC Cocina won't be the only addition to the home décor boutique; Jean-Georges Vongerichten is reportedly in talks to open a massive artisanal food market in 8,500 square feet of ABC Carpet & Home. [NY Post]
Pippa Middleton Defends her Cooking: After some harsh reviews of her entertaining and cooking book, the younger Middleton sister discusses cooking, plus her favorite drink (a whiskey sour). [Telegraph]
Sandra Lee Helps Hurricane Victims: The de facto first lady of New York showed her community spirit by helping bring food to seniors in buildings without power in the days after Hurricane Sandy. [NYDN]
GMO Corn Debate: Still think GMO corn is safe? One geneticist notes that genetically modified sweet corn sold at Walmart has three different insecticides bred in, even as superbugs and superweed become more resistant. [Mother Jones]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts