Jalapeño Cornbread Recipe
- 1 ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 4 jalapeños, seeds removed and chopped
- The Pencil Eraser Cocktail Recipe
- PB & J Chicken Skewers Recipe
- Crab and Cucumber Cups with Mustard Sauce Recipe
- Cucumber Gimlet Cocktail Recipe
- Mango-Curry Shrimp Salad in Phyllo Cups Recipe
- Tomato Bruschetta Recipe
- Watermelon Skewers Recipe
- Strip and Go Naked Cocktail Recipe
- “Macho” Margarita Recipe
A moist and delicious cornbread with a kick, thanks to the addition of sliced jalapeños.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, and then add the oil and buttermilk. Add the liquids to the dry ingredients and just combine. Add the cheese and jalapeños and gently mix until incorporated. Pour into greased baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Calories per serving:173 calories
Dietary restrictions:Sugar Conscious, Low Potassium, Kidney Friendly, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free, No Sugar Added
Have a question about nutritional data? Let us know.