International Culinary Center Announces 3 Scholarships for Spanish Culinary Arts Program
Recipe of the day
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
- Norman Van Aken's Kitchen Conversations: Sanford "Sandy" D'Amato
New York’s International Culinary Center announced today the creation of three scholarships for the inaugural year of its Spanish Culinary Arts Program, which will train students in traditional and modern Spanish cuisine, culture, history, geography, and culinary terminology, and will culminate in a trip to Spain led by renowned chef José Andrés.
"Together with The International Culinary Center, we are launching what is undoubtedly the most authentic Spanish culinary program in the country, if not the world," said chef Andrés, who was named one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World for 2012 by TIME magazine. "We believe the program will change the way Americans look at Spanish cuisine."
The 10-week program will begin Feb. 5 in New York City, and will finish with a weeklong voyage to Spain, where students will be introduced to the very best local products, artisans, chefs, butchers, winemakers, cheesemakers, seafood producers, vineyards, food markets, and tapas bars. Two classes will be offered this year, four will be offered next year, and by 2015 the organizers hope to reach their goal of training students for two months in New York followed by an extended stay in Spain, where they will work in a Spanish restaurant.
The scholarships are being offered by chef Andrés’ ThinkFoodGroup, Madrid’s Campofrio Food Group (one of the world’s leading cured meat companies), and Sam Nazarian, of the hospitality group SBE. Those interested can learn more about the scholarships on The ICC’s website.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts