- Mollie (Moosewood) Katzen born (1950)
Who Takes the Cake? 10 Insanely Expensive Cakes
Recipe of the day
- “Whip It” Singer Jerry Casale Criticized For Shockingly Inappropriate 9/11-Themed Wedding Complete with Twin Towers Cakes
- WATCH: This Couple Got Drunk and Made a Hilarious Video About Themselves for Their Wedding
- 13 Wedding Cake Trends Any Would-Be Bride Should Consider
- Wedding Menu Ideas for Every Bride
- What Is Engagement Chicken?
A classic white sponge cake consists of eggs, sugar, flour, and water, so how is it that when you’re planning your wedding day or throwing a huge soiree that a cake can get to be thousands, even millions of dollars?
From decadent fillings to extraordinary décor, your classic cake can easily become something that looks like this one from Cake Boss Buddy Valastro and costs big, big bucks.
Those who are hosting over-the-top bashes or using a premier cake decorator like Sylvia Weinstock or Ron Ben-Israel, they really are paying for what they're receiving.
If you’re looking to include diamonds and rubies on the cake tiers or 20 bouquets of lush peonies dipped in edible gold, you can imagine how pricey a slice could get.
As couples and private companies get more and more imaginative in their confectionary requests, the price tags are rising. These wedding cakes are sure to blow your mind.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts