Il Buco Hosts Italian Cheesemaker
Recipe of the day
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
Rennet fetishists rejoice: Il Buco and its white-hot sister restaurant Il Buco Alimentari e Vineria are hosting Italian cheesemaker Renato Brancaleoni from Oct. 10 to 15. The dairy sage will be conducting a series of tastings, lunches, and dinners showcasing his cave-aged wares.
Brancaleoni comes from a family legacy that stretches over more than 100 years, and he ages his cheeses between 80 and 330 days underground, utilizing local and sometimes atypical ingredients to flavor them, including wild blackberries, hay, beeswax, saffron, and walnut leaves from the Emilia Romagna region where his shop is located.
To celebrate, Il Buco is getting the whole family involved — three of the meals will take place in the Alimentari private dining loft, with the final dinner commencing in Il Buco’s wine cellar, and the cheeses will also be available for purchase at the Great Jones Street grocery.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts