- Todd English born (1960)
Hugh Acheson Announces Savannah Restaurant The Florence
Recipe of the day
- Sandwich King Jeff Mauro Is Opening His First Restaurant Ever in Chicago
- New Orleans’ Chefs Prove Hurricane Katrina was No Match for the City’s Enduring Spirit
- Gail Simmons Dishes on the Upcoming 13th Season of ‘Top Chef’
- Michael Jackson’s Former Personal Chef Will Prepare Jackson’s Favorite Dishes in Honor of His Birthday
- Jared Fogle’s Nonprofit Organization Allegedly Failed to Award Any Grants to Schools and Community Groups
It's official: Hugh Acheson has announced his Savannah, Ga. restaurant will be called The Florence (as previously rumored). His latest restaurant will be developed in the community re-development One West Victory as part of a neighborhood that will include a fitness center, art studio, media center, patio, and courtyard space.
According to a press release, the new space is some 7,000-square feet, a two-story space in what they're calling the projects "yellow building," or a restored ice factory. The restaurant will follow Acheson's lead to offer "vegetable courses, locally caught seafood, pastas, and pizza made with Double Zero flour as well as a bar, patio, and biergarten."
This will be the Top Chef judge's first foray into Savannah. "The key for me is to blend the beauty of the South with the rich flavors of Italy," Acheson said in the press release. He's best known for Five & Ten in Athens, Ga., as well as The National. Other Acheson rumors involve a laid-back tavern in Atlanta.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts