How to Quickly Chop Onions
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
No matter what I do, I can never seem to make it through chopping onions without my eyes misting up. In order to limit the amount of time I spend crying over a cutting board of onions, I learned how to chop an onion in the most efficient way possible. This method of cutting onions is quick and easy so you can get on with your day without looking like you just finished a Nicholas Sparks movie marathon.
1. First, chop off the top of the onion.
2. Then, slice three shallow grooves into the skin of the onion so that the skin is divided into thirds.
3. Peel each section of the skin down towards the root of the onion.
4. Chop off the root and the skin.
5. Slice the onion in half.
6. Leaving an intact section of onion near the root end, make parallel slices towards the top of the onion.
7. Slice the onion perpendicularly to the cuts you just made to quickly slice the onion.
Note: In order to decrease the size of the final cut pieces of onion, you can make more parallel cuts and more perpendicular cuts.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts