- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
How to Avoid Eating Fast Food on a Road Trip
Recipe of the day
- Exploring a Foreign City? Follow Anthony Bourdain’s Dos and Don’ts for New Culinary Adventures
- Free Airplane Snacks! The Tastiest Treats in Coach
- Sacrebleu! Paris Is Facing a Baguette Shortage Because French Bakers Are on Holiday
- What to Eat in the Most Visited Cities Around the World
- South Africa’s Food Routes: Your Ultimate Culinary Travel Planner
If you have ever been on a road trip in the U.S., you’ve probably noticed the overwhelming monotony of food exit road signs. A seemingly infinite rotation of major fast-food chains lines the highway system, and unless you’re making an effort to plan other arrangements during your journey, chances are that you’ll be cruising a lot of drive-thrus.
Adding another item to your packing list might not seem like ideal way to help you out the door, but with a little time and preparation, you can actually save money and calories. Not to mention that you also have the freedom to choose exactly what you want to eat instead of settling for someone else’s menu!
Click on our slideshow to see our top five tips for planning your own healthy road trip. With a little awareness and planning, this advice can lighten up the longest of drives.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts