Hoosier Mama Pie Company’s owner and pastry chef Paula Haney showed Spoon Video team how to make her Signature Sugar Pie. It’s just the right kind of sweet and oh so simple. Impress your friends with this rich delicious pie that tastes just like the one from the store.
For the interview with Paula Haney, click here!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes + 1 hour cooling time
Total Time: 2 hours
Pre-made pie crust from any store such as Whole Foods, Trader Joes or Jewel
2 tbs all-purpose flour
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Line the pre-made pie crust in an 8 inch pie pan and trim off the excess dough so that you have a 1-inch overhang of crust. Save the trimmings. Fold the edges under the rim of the pie and crimp the dough.
2. Follow the cooking instructions on the box and bake the pie crust.
3. Whisk together the flour and the the sugar in a bowl until smooth and well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the heavy whipping cream and the vanilla extract.
5. Slowly whisk together the liquid mixture into the dry mixture until smooth and well combined.
6. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
7. Bake for 40 minutes, until the pie starts to set around the ends near the crust of the pie and the middle of the pie still jiggles.
8. If the crust starts to get too dark, tent the pie with aluminum foil for the last ten minutes of baking.
9. Cool the pie on a wire rack for about an hour, dust with powdered sugar, and then refrigerate until you are ready to serve it.
The pie is best served chilled.
Optional: Serve with fruit and whipped cream.
The post How to Make Hoosier Mama Pie Company’s Signature Sugar Pie originally appeared on Spoon University. Please visit Spoon University to see more posts like this one.