How to Grill Tofu
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
What does being a Tofu Master entail exactly? Probably knowing everything there is to know about tofu, and making some of the more delicious and tasty soy products on the market. Minh Tsai, resident Tofu Master at Hodo Soy Beanery based in Oakland, Calif., shares his summer tofu grilling tips with us, plus recipes to get you started.
Tofu can be an intimidating ingredient for many to cook with, but when it comes to grilling, the firmer the better. Use a flavorful marinade, like the ginger-curry one shown in the video above, and simply cook the tofu for about five minutes on each side for gorgeous grill marks. But why listen to me? I'm clearly no Tofu Master. Instead, watch Tsai in the video above for his pro tips and check out the recipes below. (The Kale Hijiki Salad is a definite must-try.)
This nutrition-packed dish perfectly complements the grilled ginger tofu recipe below.
Serve this recipe atop the salad above or opt for pasta or healthy grains instead.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts