Hotel La Jolla in La Jolla, California, Offers Exotic Pasta Dishes Before Half-Marathon
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Carb-loading the night before the La Jolla Half-Marathon, now in its 32nd year, just got an upgrade from the renovated Hotel La Jolla, which has a special relationship with the race. Along with a special pasta meal, the hotel even has a watering station in the works, showing how deeply it is involved with the event.
And you’re not getting ordinary bland pasta here, but some real imaginative dishes at their restaurant Cusp.
Loading up on carbs is a great way to increase your endurance during a race, and the menu at Cusp has many items that cater to those looking to stock up," said executive chef Donald Lockhart. "From house-made pastas, such as our signature pork ragù pappardelle dish, to whole grains and flatbreads, we’re making it easy to get fueled before the big day."
Pork ragù pappardelle?
Better run and get some.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts