Hostess Considering Buyers and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Students Allegedly Served 6-Year-Old Meat in School
- We Want to Know: Who Serves the Best Burger in America?
- Texas Commissioner Wants Deep Fryers in School Cafeterias Because ‘It’s About Freedom’
- People Are Angry That Whole Foods Donated Sandwiches to the National Guard in Baltimore
- Twitter Has Launched an Account Dedicated to the Best Food in Social Media
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Hostess Selling Twinkies, Bread Separately: Looks like the Hostess family won't be staying together after closing down; the brand is looking into selling its cakes and breads separately. [Washington Post]
Trick to Ordering Wine in Restaurant: How much should a good bottle of wine cost at a restaurant? Look at the price; take the most expensive main course price as the bottom base price, then go up to 50 percent more. An $18 steak? Get a $18 to $27 bottle of wine. [Lifehacker]
Flavor Flav Opens in Michigan: Flav's Chicken & Ribs opened just outside of Detroit last week; this is Flavor Flav's third restaurant attempt (previous restaurants in Iowa and Las Vegas closed). [Eater]
Red Hook's Cookbook: An e-book published Friday features recipes from local residents and business owners affected by Hurricane Sandy. Proceeds will be donated to Restore Red Hook. [NY Times]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts