- Todd English born (1960)
Hostess to Be Auctioned Off and More News
Recipe of the day
- ‘Yes, You Are Responsible for Your Franchises,’ Labor Board Scolds Fast Food Chains
- The Vegan Seafood Tower: This. Changes. Everything.
- Why Roanoke, Virginia is an Example to Our Nation
- Subway Knew About Jared Fogle’s Creepy Exploits but Did Nothing to Stop Them, Franchisee Says
- Californians Demanding Labels for Food Products Made with Fracking Wastewater
The Daily Meal brings you the top news in the food world.
Hostess Goes to Highest Bidder: Hostess will put its historic brands, like Twinkies, up for auction to the highest bidder — but what will that mean for the buyer? [Slate]
Food Network Kitchen Opens: The first Food Network-themed restaurant opened in the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., airport. [Huffington Post]
Mario Batali's New Venture: The chef is in negotiations to open a pizzeria on Spring Street in Boston. [Boston Herald]
Nathan Myhrvold Shares Secrets of 'Modernist Cuisine': Watch Myhrvold play with liquid nitrogen while he shares his view on the "modernist cuisine" movement. [Eater]
FDA Shuts Down Peanut Butter Plant: The FDA shut down the country's largest organic peanut butter processing plant when it discovered salmonella. [Los Angeles Times]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts