- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
Hostess to Be Auctioned Off and More News
Recipe of the day
- Costco Will Cut Back on Chilean Salmon, Source Most From Norway
- Whole Foods Market’s Stock Drops, Does Not Meet Third-Quarter Earning Expectations
- This Mother Makes Detailed Cartoon Food Art Out of Healthy Meals for Her Son
- Could Emojis Be Used to Communicate Food Allergies?
- Did You Know That These 10 Small Food Companies Had Been Gobbled Up by Big Business?
The Daily Meal brings you the top news in the food world.
Hostess Goes to Highest Bidder: Hostess will put its historic brands, like Twinkies, up for auction to the highest bidder — but what will that mean for the buyer? [Slate]
Food Network Kitchen Opens: The first Food Network-themed restaurant opened in the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., airport. [Huffington Post]
Mario Batali's New Venture: The chef is in negotiations to open a pizzeria on Spring Street in Boston. [Boston Herald]
Nathan Myhrvold Shares Secrets of 'Modernist Cuisine': Watch Myhrvold play with liquid nitrogen while he shares his view on the "modernist cuisine" movement. [Eater]
FDA Shuts Down Peanut Butter Plant: The FDA shut down the country's largest organic peanut butter processing plant when it discovered salmonella. [Los Angeles Times]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts