Hostess to Be Auctioned Off and More News
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
The Daily Meal brings you the top news in the food world.
Hostess Goes to Highest Bidder: Hostess will put its historic brands, like Twinkies, up for auction to the highest bidder — but what will that mean for the buyer? [Slate]
Food Network Kitchen Opens: The first Food Network-themed restaurant opened in the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., airport. [Huffington Post]
Mario Batali's New Venture: The chef is in negotiations to open a pizzeria on Spring Street in Boston. [Boston Herald]
Nathan Myhrvold Shares Secrets of 'Modernist Cuisine': Watch Myhrvold play with liquid nitrogen while he shares his view on the "modernist cuisine" movement. [Eater]
FDA Shuts Down Peanut Butter Plant: The FDA shut down the country's largest organic peanut butter processing plant when it discovered salmonella. [Los Angeles Times]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts