Host a Kid-Friendly Valentine’s Day Party
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, it's time to host a little get-together with your little ones. Invite the neighborhood kids or weekly playgroup over for a budget-friendly Valentine’s party filled with crafts, mess-free food, and pencil party favors — what’s not to love?
Keep it simple and sweet when you’re hosting kids — you’ll want fun activities that will keep little hands busy, but won’t take a lot of time to set up or break down.[slideshow:
Similarly, skip the bowls of snacks and the inevitable spills that come with them, and instead make up individualized bags of kid-friendly food to have at the ready for snack time.
As for décor, make it bright, cheerful, and colorful for a playful atmosphere — and with your hands full of kids, you’ll want to make hosting as easy as possible while still showing off your expert hostess skills.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts