- Todd English born (1960)
Honey-Glazed Acorn Squash
- 2 large acorn squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 Cup brewed green tea
- 1 Teaspoon honey, agave nectar, or stevia
- 1 Cup almond milk
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract, preferably organic
- 1 Teaspoon ground ginger, preferably organic
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground coriander, preferably organic
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder, preferably organic
The honey adds such a fabulous sugary depth to this dish while the almond milk and vanilla extract give you that blast of sweetness that pairs so nicely with the savory garlic powder atop this ol' acorn squash.
You can enjoy this dish alone or alongside some protein for lunch or dinner. I actually just sliced up some leftovers and added it to my morning oatmeal and mid-day smoothie, so you can add it to your breakfast and snacks, too!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Lay the squash skin side up in a shallow baking pan. Pour the tea over the squash and bake for 35 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Remove the squash from the oven and flip over; pour the almond milk mixture over each half and return to the oven.
Bake until tender, for 20 more minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm.