- Chez Panisse opens (1971)
Homemade Organic Popcorn
- 2 Cups popcorn kernels, preferably non-GMO
- 3/4 Cups plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch rosemary, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Spanish paprika
- Salt, to taste
What better way to snack than on homemade popcorn? Fast and affordable, it's good for you, too.
Heat the 3/4 cup of olive oil in a small saucepot over medium-high heat. Add 2-3 popcorn kernels to the pot and cover. When you hear the kernels pop, add the rest of the popcorn kernels, cover, and wait for the kernels to begin to pop. When the kernels begin to pop, gently shake the pot back and forth to make sure they're popping evenly. When the popping slows down, uncover slightly to release the steam, and continue to gently shake until all of the popping has stopped.
Add salt to taste and drizzle the popcorn with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the rosemary and paprika and stir well until evenly combined.