Homemade Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest*
- Nutella Amaretto Icebox Cookies with Almonds Recipe
- Holiday Mint Squares Recipe
- Christmas Cutout Cookies
- Pineapple Cherry Cookies Recipe
- Orange Ricotta Cookies Recipe
- Half-Moon Christmas Cookies Recipe
- Holiday Turnip Mash Recipe
- Blue Cheese and Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Homemade cranberry sauce is easier than you think. Try our fast and tasty version.
In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the cranberry juice. Stir in the cranberries and cook until the cranberries start to pop, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon and orange zest.
Remove from heat and transfer the sauce to a bowl. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.
*Note: If you don't own a zester, a small grater will work well.
Calories per serving:67 calories
Dietary restrictions:Low Fat, Low Sodium Fat Free, Low Fat Abs, Low Potassium, Kidney Friendly, Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free, No Oil Added