Hitler Chicken Enrages KFC, Tempts Lawsuit
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Christina Tosi is Opening a Milk Bar Pop-Up in Madison Square Park
- Ruby Tuesday Sued for Gender Discrimination Against Men
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
A "Hitler Chicken" restaurant recently opened in Thailand, and its surprisingly familiar graphic design has KFC fighting mad.
The awnings are red and the text is white, and it pretty much looks exactly like a KFC restaurant, except instead of Colonel Sanders' happy face on the logo, there is a big picture of Hitler in a red apron. He's even wearing the colonel's signature black bow tie.
"We find it extremely distasteful and are considering legal action since it is an infringement of our brand trademark and has nothing to do with us," a YUM Brands spokesperson said to The Huffington Post in an email.
Travel writer Andrew Spooner first spotted the new restaurant last month and captured a photo of the shocking awning.
"Very bizarre Hitler Fried Chicken shop in Thailand. I kid you not. Complete with pic of Hitler in bow tie," he Tweeted.
One diner, a 43-year-old expat and Bangkok resident named Adam Robinson has eaten at the controversial chain and says their chicken is actually pretty good.
"I went in for a bite last week and got some fried chicken, which was pretty good, and asked the guy behind the counter why it was called Hitler," Robinson told The Daily Mail. "He just shrugged his shoulders and said the owners had thought it was good image."
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts