9 Hidden Kitchen Dangers and How to Avoid Them
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Have you ever wondered whether it's safe to stand in front of your microwave while using it? Or if reheating food in a plastic container is really as bad for as you as people say?
Though necessary, learning about kitchen safety and the potential dangers lurking in your kitchen can make you overly paraonid and never want to cook again, let alone eat out. But, fear not, because we’ve gotten to the bottom of the myths, horror stories, and tales of invasive bacteria to help you cook safely and happily at home.[slideshow:
We turned to expert Dave Wentz, author of The New York Times bestselling book The Healthy Home to learn more so that we can (safely) put our fears aside. We asked him for the truth behind these hidden dangers and for advice on the best solutions.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts