Here Is a 'Parks and Recreation' Food Poster
Recipe of the day
- Top Chefs Review — and Rate — America's Food Critics
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
- Norman Van Aken's Kitchen Conversations: Sanford "Sandy" D'Amato
Ron Swanson's bacon obsession isn't the only food fun the cast of Parks and Recreation gets; Aziz Ansari's Tom Haverford tends to have a way with words when it comes to food, often resulting in hilarious, infinitely quotable one-liners.
Some of these sayings have been immortalized in a typographic poster available on Etsy (where else?). It starts with "Zerts are what I call 'desserts,'" leading to three nicknames for sandwiches ("sammies, sandoozles, or Adam Sandlers"), with fried chicken being dubbed "fry-fry chicky-chick." Similarly, chicken parm is "chicky-chicky parm-parm."
Our favorites, though, have to be Haverford's definition of eggs, cakes, noodles, and tortillas, obviously. Eggs are pre-birds and future birds, cakes are "big ol' cookies," noodles are obviously "long-ass rice," and tortillas are bean blankets. In this regard, chips are also guacamole beds, we imagine.
Check out the full poster on Etsy, perfect for any belated gifts for the pop culture lovers in your life.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts