- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
Here Is a 'Parks and Recreation' Food Poster
Recipe of the day
- Sandwich King Jeff Mauro Is Opening His First Restaurant Ever in Chicago
- New Orleans’ Chefs Prove Hurricane Katrina was No Match for the City’s Enduring Spirit
- Gail Simmons Dishes on the Upcoming 13th Season of ‘Top Chef’
- Michael Jackson’s Former Personal Chef Will Prepare Jackson’s Favorite Dishes in Honor of His Birthday
- Jared Fogle’s Nonprofit Organization Allegedly Failed to Award Any Grants to Schools and Community Groups
Ron Swanson's bacon obsession isn't the only food fun the cast of Parks and Recreation gets; Aziz Ansari's Tom Haverford tends to have a way with words when it comes to food, often resulting in hilarious, infinitely quotable one-liners.
Some of these sayings have been immortalized in a typographic poster available on Etsy (where else?). It starts with "Zerts are what I call 'desserts,'" leading to three nicknames for sandwiches ("sammies, sandoozles, or Adam Sandlers"), with fried chicken being dubbed "fry-fry chicky-chick." Similarly, chicken parm is "chicky-chicky parm-parm."
Our favorites, though, have to be Haverford's definition of eggs, cakes, noodles, and tortillas, obviously. Eggs are pre-birds and future birds, cakes are "big ol' cookies," noodles are obviously "long-ass rice," and tortillas are bean blankets. In this regard, chips are also guacamole beds, we imagine.
Check out the full poster on Etsy, perfect for any belated gifts for the pop culture lovers in your life.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts