Spicy Vegetable Soup Recipe
Daily Value: 10%
Low-Fat-Abs, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Alcohol-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||160µg||40%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||0g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
The cold weather always brings out the soup maker in me. This recipe for a spicy fresh vegetable soup couldn't be simpler to make. It has no added fat or oil. The Jalepeño, fresh ginger and turmeric give it a lovely aroma that is a little exotic. Not your typical vegetable soup. You can vary the vegetables to suit your taste. Add some shredded cabbage or Kale, use crimini mushrooms instead of the shiitake, use your imagination (or whatever you have in the fridge). Healthy and hearty, perfect for a cold winter afternoon.
- 3 Medium Carrots, thickly sliced
- 2 Stalks Celery, thickly sliced
- 1 Leek, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Medium Onion, diced
- 1 cup Green Beans, cut into 1" pieces
- 4 Medium Tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1 cup Fresh Shiitake (or other) Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Jalepeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ginger, cut into thin sticks
- 6 Cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro (for garnish)
Combine all ingredients in a 4-6 quart pot. Cover with water and put over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).