Heartbreak Holidays: 5 Places to Heal a Broken Heart
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
If your significant other has recently told you to hit the road, The Daily Meal has some ideas for where to go.
These five heartbreak holidays feature activities to de-stress, get in shape, pamper yourself, and hopefully heal a broken heart. Even if you haven’t had a recent breakup, these action-packed holidays celebrate the single life.
Feeling blue because your summer fling is over and you’re suddenly single? You’re not alone. There were 102 million unmarried people in America ages 18 and older in 2011, according to the US Census.
From taking out aggression on a shooting range to sunset cruises and champagne concerts, these trips and their activities are likely to boost your spirits. Plus, the third week of September is Unmarried and Single Americans Week, making September an ideal time for a solo sojourn. Who knows? You might even meet someone along the way.
Lauren Mack is the Travel Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @lmack.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts