Healthy Pasta Tips
Kristin Sollenne gives advice on how to make the staple indulgence into a healthier meal
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Pasta is viewed by most diners as an indulgence. Many dieters even avoid it at all costs. But Kristin Sollenne of Bocca Di Bacco thinks that pasta lovers don’t need to go to extremes. She has suggestions to lighten up your favorite pasta dishes and make them more diet-friendly. The most important element is of course starting with good products. "First thing is to think about is always your ingredients," she says. "If you have good ingredients... You can come out with a much healthier dish."
Beyond that, she has simple tricks to lighten up, starting with the pasta itself: "Try and stick with whole grains or vegetable-infused pastas," she says. And once you have a better pasta, Sollenne advises taking a less-is-more approach. "You can actually use less pastas when you fill it with these lean fishes and produce because you’re actually going to start feeling fuller longer."
For more from Sollenne, watch the video above! And if the pastas in the video are too tempting to resist, you can always head to Bocca Di Bacco
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts