Halloween-Inspired Name Holders
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
Your Halloween-inspired table is all set with eerie crows and delightful pumpkins. However, your decorative place settings pale in comparison. Some revamping of the typical name tags will continue your whimsical Halloween theme and also make great party favors for the guests.
Here are a few tips and ideas:
A Jolly Pumpkin
There are multiple ways to use a pumpkin as a place setting.
- Paint your guest’s name onto the pumpkin.
- Use ribbon to secure a name tag to the pumpkin’s stem.
- Making a paper leaf to attach to the pumpkin as a name tag.
- Engrave the name of a guest or their first initial into the face of the pumpkin.
Vampires, Bats, and Gravestones, Oh My!
- Use a pair of fake vampire fangs or any pair of fake teeth to hold a name tag. Have the teeth be closing down on the name for the desired effect.
- Make paper bats and write your guests’ names on them in white ink .
- Purchase or make your own gravestones for each of your guest. Write R.I.P. and then your guest’s name for a disturbing effect.
A Witch’s Broom
- Use a small twig (about 6 inches long), some straw, and a brown paper bag. Use the twig and straw to assemble the broom and then use a small sliver of the brown bag to write the name of your guest. To glamorize you witches broom, use ribbon for the name tag.
Halloween is all about candy, so why not use it to label your table?
- You can get candy bars personalized with each of your guests’ names.
- Fill small buckets full of candy like candy corn and place a toy shovel in it with the name of a guest attached.
- Make candy cones with name tags attached to the ribbons.
These festive place settings adorn your dinner table in ghoulish style. In addition to place settings at a dinner table, these ideas can be used to label food dishes in a buffet line.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts