Prep Time: 1 hour (this includes baking the cake and cooling it)
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
1 box of your favorite cake mix
Milk or dark chocolate bars
Kit-Kats or peanut butter cups
1 can of desired flavor of frosting (Mine’s chocolate)
Popsicle sticks (plastic forks, toothpicks or anything stick-like will suffice)
Wax paper or foil
1. Pick your favorite cake mix and bake according to the box directions.
2. While the cake is cooking, crush up those peanut butter cups and Kit-Kats.
3. While the cake is cooling, melt your plain chocolate bars.
4. Once it is cooked and cooled, place the cake in a large mixing bowl and start smushing and crumbling the cake.
5. While you’re doing this, add the can of frosting AND the crushed peanut butter cups and thoroughly mix.
6. Time to make the balls. Strive for them to be about 1 ½ inch and uniform. (If you make them bigger then that’s your own experiment) **TIP: If they look a little squishy, pop them into the fridge or freezer for a bit until they firm up!**
7. Line a large plate or pan with the wax paper or foil.
8. Stab your cake balls and dip them into the melted chocolate and roll them into the crushed Kit-Kats. Place them on the lined plate.
9. You can let them harden there on the counter or chill them until they are served.
All cake pops are impressive and delicious but wickedly easy to make! Don’t let your friends know though; it’ll be your trick and their treat!