- Mollie (Moosewood) Katzen born (1950)
Guy Fieri Planning Las Vegas Concept
The Food Network host shares a recipe
Recipe of the day
- Famed Hamptons Chef and Author Anna Pump Dies at 81
- Chef Harold Moore on the NYC Wine & Food Festival, His New Lincoln Center Restaurant
- Josh Capon on the NYC Wine & Food Festival, Judging the Burger Bash, and Topping His Burger
- Anne Burrell on What it Takes to Be a ‘Worst Cook in America’
- Nigella Lawson Says She Hates the Terms ‘Clean Eating’ and ‘Healthy Food’
Less than a year after opening his gigantic food-fusion emporium in New York City's Times Square (spawning question-filled reviews and some derision), Guy Fieri has announced an upcoming Las Vegas restaurant, right along the Strip.
According to the Las Vegas Review Journal, Fieri has teamed up with Caesars Entertainment Corp. to open a new restaurant at The Quad (formerly Imperial Palace). The restaurant has yet to be named, and there's no word on what type of restaurant it will be, but the space reportedly has "high ceilings and huge glass windows overlooking the Strip," plus wood and raw metal.
"I’ve got something that I think is gonna fit," Fieri said. "I know when I go out, I like to have my high-end experience, I like to have my quick-and-easy experience, but I often want something in the middle."
Perhaps he won't be going as cheesetastic as he did in Times Square? Who knows, but Fieri promises he's trying to make a place with "an eclectic mix of food in a real fun environment," hoping to create a mood where "you'll feel like you're sitting in one of your favorite places." Also on the drawing board? A "really good Bloody Mary brunch program in the late morning" and some late hours. The new spot is slated for a late 2013 opening, but you know how those go.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts