Grilled Vegetable Sandwich Recipe
Daily Value: 17%
|Folic Acid (B9)||120µg||30%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||2g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
While kids are usually adverse to vegetables, they're more likely to enjoy them when they've been given a little bit of a flavor treatment from a barbecue. Chef David Seigal of Chelsea's Table likes to grill his and serve them on a sandwich with a homemade goat cheese spread, and the kids really enjoy it.
- 2 green zucchinis, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 8 slices bread, preferably flatbread or ciabatta
Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium high. Grill the zucchini, squash, and red peppers until well charred and just tender. Set aside.
Mix together the goat cheese and herbs until well combined. Spread an even amount of the herb-goat cheese mixture on both slices of the bread. Top with an even mix of the grilled vegetables and serve.