Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- 1 Pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/4 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon cumin powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Soft flour tortillas, warmed
- Jack cheese, grated, for garnish
- Red cabbage, shredded, for garnish
- Cilantro, minced, for garnish
- Hot sauce, for garnish
Inspired by a dish served at Tower 7 in North Carolina, this shrimp recipe conjures up the fresh and exotic flavors of the beachside town and is simple and easy to make.
Combine and mix the first 7 ingredients into a large bowl and allow to sit for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
Add the entire contents of the bowl onto the grill pan and cook until shrimp are bright pink and firm, about 2-3 minutes.
Begin assembling tacos by adding a layer of cheese, followed by the shrimp, and the remaining ingredients on top of the tortillas. Serve immediately.
Click here to see more of Matt's recipes from Have Her Over For Dinner.