- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
Grey Poupon Only Accepting Classy Facebook Fans
Recipe of the day
- Food Truck-Goers Will Soon Be Able to Pay Using Apple Pay
- Bread From Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest, and Other Brands Recalled Over Glass Fragments
- Dunkin’ Donuts and Reese’s Have Teamed Up for the Perfect Peanut Butter Doughnut
- Product Review: Trader Joe’s Popcorn in a Pickle
- Get Excited for the Brand-New Pumpkin Spice Latte M&M’s
While the rest of us have been buying Grey Poupon without any regard whatsoever to our social standing, Grey Poupon tends to think differently. Apparently, the brand, riffing off their "Spread Good Taste" campaign, has taken to Facebook to judge their fans.
AdWeek reports, "Fans of the brand are asked to apply for membership to the Society on the Grey Poupon Facebook page, where an algorithm will then determine whether or not they 'cut the mustard.'" Bad puns aside, it's a pretty good gimmick.
The algorithm scans through a users' past, with AdWeek reporting that the algorithm ranks users' profiles "based on their proper use of grammar, art taste, restaurant check-ins, books read, and movie selections." So no OMG or LOLs here, thank you.
Applicants are then subjected to an animation showing four animated people examining choice Facebook posts, as part o the gimmick. Generated comments may include "Travel is so much more enriching than work," and "Excellent socializing skills. That's a plus around here." Bonus points for "You're charmingly photogenic." And if you get in? "We recommend gentlemen wear jackets and ties. Ladies are encouraged to wear cocktail attire and ample gems," the Facebook page says. If not, enjoy some Charles Dickens and Mozart.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts