Grand Central Oyster Bar to Open Brooklyn Branch
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
Grand Central Oyster Bar, one of the most famous restaurants in New York, will be setting up shop in Brooklyn’s Park Slope neighborhood, in the cavernous space on Fifth Avenue that was last occupied by the Italian restaurant Fornino, Gothamist is reporting.
Not many more details are forthcoming, but this is a big bombshell for the neighborhood. After actress Debi Mazar and husband Gabriele Corcos' (who star in Cooking Channel’s Extra Virgin) deal to take over the triple-wide space fell through in April, it was believed that the landlord was looking for a chain in the same vein as McDonald's to move in. The Oyster Bar is one of those classic New York restaurants that still rakes it in, and this is the perfect location for them to set up shop.
There are currently three other locations of the Grand Central Oyster Bar; one in Newark and two in Tokyo. Best known for its incredibly vast selection of oysters and other shellfish with a healthy dose of kitsch, it's nearly impossible to imagine the restaurant doing anything other than gangbusters in this prime location.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts