Gluten-Free S'Mores Recipe
Daily Value: 23%
Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||3µg||1%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||4g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||0g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
This recipe provides a gluten allergy-friendly graham cracker that makes it easy for everyone to enjoy the sticky snack.
- 2 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour mix
- 5/8 teaspoon xanthan gum*
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 7 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bag jumbo marshmallows
- 2 bars 70 percent dark chocolate
Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a food processor. With the processor still running, add cold cubed butter, 1 piece at a time, and then add
milk and honey at the end. Remove and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, roll out to 1/8-inch thick, cut into squares and bake at 350 degrees until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
Toast the marshmallows and sandwich between crackers with chocolate and serve.
Recipe DetailsServings: 8
Notes and Substitutions:
*Xanthan gum is a thickening agent and is made primarily of glucose and lactose. It is available for purchase at specialty food stores and Amazon.