- Mollie (Moosewood) Katzen born (1950)
Gluten-Free Chocolate-Chip Zucchini Bread Squares Recipe
Penny de los Santos
- 4 tablespoons butter substitute, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini, drained
- 1 ½ teaspoons egg replacer, whisked with 2 tablespoons warm water
- ½ cup gluten-free chocolate chips
When I was growing up, my Aunt Trisha would often make this sweet zucchini bread. Her secret was to add lots of chocolate chips. I've adapted her recipe to make it both vegan and gluten free. This bread is still as moist and delicious as my Aunt Trisha's and now everyone can enjoy it.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8-by-8-inch baking pan.
In a stand mixer, beat the butter substitute with the brown sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes on medium speed. Stop and scrape down the sides of bowl then add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, walnuts, and zucchini. Mix on medium speed for 30 seconds. Stop and scrape down the sides of bowl. Add the egg replacer mixture and chocolate chips and mix for another 30 seconds.
Spread the batter onto the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack at least 1 hour before cutting into squares.