- We're independent! Let's cook out!
Ginger Oatmeal Pecan Cookies
- 3/4 Cups flour
- 3/4 Teaspoons salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 Cups unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 Cup organic turbinado sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Cups uncooked oats
- 1/3 Cup finely chopped crystalized ginger
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Be surprised by a delightful ginger taste within this classic oatmeal raisin cookie.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, scrape down the sizes of the bowl; add vanilla. Fold in oats, ginger, and nuts. Divide and roll dough into 30 to 36 balls. For best results, moisten hands when rolling dough. Place 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Press down slightly to help cookies spread. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before removing from pan.