Ginger Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Daily Value: 6%
Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Low-Fat-Abs
|Folic Acid (B9)||3µg||1%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||2g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
- 2 tablespoons neutral cooking oil, such as canola or grapeseed oil
- 2 pounds fresh cranberries*
- 1-2 ounces ginger, peeled with a spoon and chopped very finely
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- Pinch of sea salt
Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the cranberries and quickly pan-roast them, stirring frequently until they start to give off liquid and break down. Add the ginger, brown sugar, orange juice, orange zest, and salt, and reduce the heat to a simmer.
Cook for approximately 25-30 minutes, stirring. If it dries out too much and starts to stick, add a small amount of water and continue cooking. It should be a thick purée with some of the cranberries still intact.
Recipe DetailsServings: 12
Special Designations: Vegan, Vegetarian
Notes and Substitutions:
*Note: Frozen works as well, but the texture will be different.