Genius Machine Sorts Skittles by Color
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
- EXCLUSIVE: Tic Tac Launches First New Mint Flavor in Years: Intense Spearmint Mix
- Missing Your Banned British Chocolate? Now You Can Order it Online
- Hershey’s Chocolate Is Going All-Natural and Mostly GMO-Free
- Nestlé Says It Will Also Remove All Artificial Flavors from Its European Products
Sure, Skittles are pretty much all sugar, and the colors themselves don't really make a difference, but OCD eaters and color enthusiasts will be happy to know that there are multiple machines to help you sort your Skittles.
This one below just went viral on Reddit, and the operation is pretty simple: Pour in your Skittles, let the machine do its work, and consume based on color preference. The creator of this genius machine explains the design in the description, saying, "[The machine] uses a BASIC Stamp 2 and 3 servos for actuation. An IR LED and phototransistor are used to stop the turnstile in position." We're not too sure what that means, but it seems to be effective.
Nevertheless, one isn't good enough; Redditers pointed out an even faster Skittle sorter, which seems to use a reference shot before separating the Skittles, then working off that initial shot. Watch the magic of both machines, figure out which one's better, and then build one to work with Starbursts, M&M's, and gummy bears.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts