- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
GateGuru App Helps Identify Airport Restaurants
Recipe of the day
- Sacrebleu! Paris Is Facing a Baguette Shortage Because French Bakers Are on Holiday
- What to Eat in the Most Visited Cities Around the World
- South Africa’s Food Routes: Your Ultimate Culinary Travel Planner
- Michaela's Map: Transformative Travel in Panama
- Taking the Ultimate American Road Trip? Here's Where You Have to Eat
For those planning fall trips, GateGuru is a free app that helps travelers figure out which airport has the best food options, both before and after airport security.
GateGuru includes airport amenity information, including traveler ratings and reviews for more than 15,000 restaurants, bars, shops, and services at 200 airports, of which 100 are in the U.S.
Users can search by terminal or category, including type of food, and sort the listings by traveler ratings or by gate number to see incrementally what eateries are on the walk down to the gate.
GateGuru also includes TSA wait times that are updated by travelers, airport maps, and tips, which often include the must-try restaurants. The app also includes flight status for more than 1,400 airlines and 16,000 airports, including gate changes, delays, and cancellations.
GateGuru is available on the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android, and Windows Mobile devices.
Lauren Mack is the Travel Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @lmack.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts