GateGuru App Helps Identify Airport Restaurants
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
For those planning fall trips, GateGuru is a free app that helps travelers figure out which airport has the best food options, both before and after airport security.
GateGuru includes airport amenity information, including traveler ratings and reviews for more than 15,000 restaurants, bars, shops, and services at 200 airports, of which 100 are in the U.S.
Users can search by terminal or category, including type of food, and sort the listings by traveler ratings or by gate number to see incrementally what eateries are on the walk down to the gate.
GateGuru also includes TSA wait times that are updated by travelers, airport maps, and tips, which often include the must-try restaurants. The app also includes flight status for more than 1,400 airlines and 16,000 airports, including gate changes, delays, and cancellations.
GateGuru is available on the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android, and Windows Mobile devices.
Lauren Mack is the Travel Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @lmack.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts