- World Coconut Day
- 1 1/2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 Pound assorted wild mushrooms, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- Black ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup dry white wine
These simple sautéed mushrooms work as a quick, weeknight side dish. To turn them into a main course, toss with cooked pasta and a generous handful of Parmesan cheese or fold into an omelette with Gruyère, fontina, or Swiss cheese.
Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until just beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost dry, 8-10 minutes. Pour in the wine and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 30-60 seconds.