Game Day Chili Recipe
Daily Value: 19%
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||206µg||52%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||8g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||2g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
In the spirit of love and America, I'm offering up what I often serve at my place to enjoy on your NFL Sundays. Game day plus beer plus chili equals America.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 pounds 80/20 ground beef or bison
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 cup dark beer
- One 28-ounce can tomato purée
- One 28-ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- One 14-ounce can black beans
- One 14-ounce can kidney beans
- Shredded white Cheddar, for serving (optional)
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Sliced scallions, green parts only, for serving (optional)
Preheat a Dutch oven over medium heat and add the oil. Next, add the onion and sauté until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeños and sauté until just tender, about 2-3 minutes. Add the ground meat and seasonings and cook until the meat is just browned through, about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Deglaze the pot by adding the beer, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan using a spoon. Finally, add the tomato purée, diced tomatoes, and beans. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer partially covered for 30-45 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve with desired toppings.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).