Gail Simmons Deals with Fans Really Well
Recipe of the day
- Pete Wells Awards Two Stars to Mu Ramen
- Marc Murphy Publishes First Cookbook, ‘Season with Authority’
- The 25th James Beard Awards Unveil the 2015 Top Culinary Class in Chicago
- Joshua Ozersky, Award-Winning Food Critic, Found Dead at Age 47
- Bâtard, Blue Hill at Stone Barns, and More Winners of the 2015 James Beard Awards
Gail Simmons' latest book is out Feb. 21, 2012, and here's an adorable trailer of people wanting to steal Simmons' only copy of Talking with My Mouth Full.
Watch as Simmons tries to enjoy a meal at Locanda Verde, gets bombarded with questions from avid fans, and valiantly tries to get in a bite of food.
"I think the trailer is a little taste of what the book is really about — it's a sillier side of me you don't always get to see on TV," Simmons told us in an email.
First there's the blogger and tweeter. Then, there's the tourist. Finally, there's a wannabe chef, with the requisite kitchen tool tattoo ("I'm halfway there," he says). Keep an eye out for Andy Cohen's cameo.
And for our interview with Gail on her book, Top Chef and her career at Food & Wine, check out our video below:
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts