- Moldy Cheese Day
Gail Simmons Deals with Fans Really Well
Recipe of the day
- Paul Prudhomme, Beloved New Orleans Celebrity Chef, Has Died at 75
- James Beard Foundation’s Taste America Climbs to the Top of the Space Needle in Seattle
- Chef José Andrés: Donald Trump Is a ‘Clever Maniac’
- 10 Reasons Why You Need to Follow Australian Chef Adam Liaw on Social Media
- Andrew Zimmern Falls in Love with Grandma’s Cooking in This ‘Bizarre Foods’ Clip
Gail Simmons' latest book is out Feb. 21, 2012, and here's an adorable trailer of people wanting to steal Simmons' only copy of Talking with My Mouth Full.
Watch as Simmons tries to enjoy a meal at Locanda Verde, gets bombarded with questions from avid fans, and valiantly tries to get in a bite of food.
"I think the trailer is a little taste of what the book is really about — it's a sillier side of me you don't always get to see on TV," Simmons told us in an email.
First there's the blogger and tweeter. Then, there's the tourist. Finally, there's a wannabe chef, with the requisite kitchen tool tattoo ("I'm halfway there," he says). Keep an eye out for Andy Cohen's cameo.
And for our interview with Gail on her book, Top Chef and her career at Food & Wine, check out our video below:
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts