You're Always Within 170 Miles of a Starbucks
Today on The Daily Meal
- Don't Be That Guy: 10 Ways You Didn't Know You're Being Rude
- Where to Go If You're In The Know: Three Awesome Destinations for 2014
- Sneak Away to Your Favorite Destination and Give Back to Charities While You're At It
- 11 Signs You're Actually Gluten Intolerant
- The Glittering Raffles Istanbul is Now Open & You're Going to Want to Stay Here
Nothing sets you into a bigger state of panic than not knowing where your nearest Starbucks is. But blogger James Davenport loves maps, which is why he created one dedicated solely to every company-owned Starbucks Coffee shop in the United States.
Starbucks may be based in Seattle, but it most certainly has a substantial influence on coffee culture across America. This certainly stands true when you check out Davenport’s map. According to his calculations, the closest Starbucks location is never more than about 170 miles away — a huge sigh of relief for those in need of a pumpkin spice latte.
The jaw-dropping conclusion that Davenport made, based on a comparison of the U.S. 2010 Census and each Starbucks location, is that "more than 80 percent of the U.S. (that’s 250,000,000 people) live within 20 miles of a Starbucks." While those calculations can’t compare to McDonalds’ results, (which state that the furthest you can get from the fast-food joint is approximately 107 miles away), Starbucks is certainly racking up the coffee (and the bucks) in more locations than imaginable.
Tayler Stein is a Junior Writer at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @TaylerSteinTDM.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts