- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
Fresh Tomato and Garlic Scape Salsa
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic scape, diced
- 1 scallion, diced
- 1/4 Cup diced red or white onion
- 2-3 Tablespoons cilantro
- 2 mint leaves, chopped very finely
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried chiles or 1/2 fresh jalapeño (optional)
This was so good I ate the whole batch in a day! If you subscribe to a CSA and have some garlic scapes but don't know what to do with them, or if you took home a bunch from the farmers' market, give this recipe a shot. It's simple, delicious, and comes together in just minutes.
In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir.