- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
Fresh Powder Cocktail
Courtesy of Chefs Club by FOOD & Wine
- 1 1/2 Ounce Bulleit Bourbon
- 1/2 Ounce Smith & Cross Rum
- 1/2 Ounce Lustau Pedro Ximenez Sherry
- 1 Barspoon of Leopold Fernet
- 8 mint leaves
The mint-inflected Fernet is a perfect addition to this sherry-sweetened Julep created to serve long after Derby Day. Made by Jim Meehan for the Chefs Club by FOOD & WINE at the St. Regis Aspen Resort.
Muddle 8 mint leaves with the sherry, then add the rest of the ingredients and crushed ice. Swizzle, then top with more crushed ice and garnish with 3 mint sprigs and powdered sugar.